1 ½ kilos chicken
½ head garlic, peeled and crushed
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
½ teaspoon dried sage
1 tablespoon salt
¼ cup liquid seasoning
In a bowl marinate chicken in garlic, rosemary, sage, salt and liquid seasoning for at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350F. Roast chicken in a roasting pan for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until juices run clear. Remove chicken from overn and place on a serving plattr. Reserve pan drippings for risotto.
For the Risotto Ingridients:
1 200 gram pack bacon, cut into
1 inch pieces
¼ cup olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups fresh mushrooms(any kind of assorted), sliced into strips
2 cups arborio rice
Drippings from roast chicken
Pinch of saffron, dissolve in hot stock
8 cups hot stock or 8 cups hot water with 3 chicken or beef broth cubes
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup melted butter
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, cook bacon until nearly brown. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in same pan, and saute onion until translucent. Add muhrooms and heat through.
- Stir in rice, making sure the grains are well coated with the fat and oil, pour in the chicken drippings. A little at a time, while mixing the rice throughly. Add saffron.
- Continue to stir the rice, adding the stock a cup at a time over a 10 minute period. Risotto should look creamy, not dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer risotto to a large serving dish. Pour melted butter over it. Top with bacon cubes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve with the roast chicken.