Ingredients: Make 1 cake Triple the recipe for a three layered cakes.
1 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
2 cup cake flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground mace
¼ teaspoon allspice
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup fresh milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350oF
- Grase a 10 inch round baking pan and line with waxed paper
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat well until creamy. Set aside.
- Combine and sift together flour, salt mace, allspice and baking powder. Set aside.
- Stir milk and vanilla extract into the creamed mixture. Gradually add flour mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake at least 45 minutes or until tester inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Loosen cake from pan and turn onto cooling rack.