Ingredients: Yield 2 ½ Dozen
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 pinch salt
1 cup butter, softened
4 large eggs
2 cups sugars
6 tablespoon all purpose flour
Zest of 12 limes
½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (approximately 12 limes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Butter a 13x9 inch cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, confctioners sugar, and salt for crust. Using a pastry blender, cut in softened butter, working until mixture is crumbly. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. While curst is baking, make filling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, flour, lime zest, and lime juice for filling. As soon as crust is done, gently pour filling ove hot crust, and return to oven for 20 to 25 mintues longer. ( be careful not to overbrown)
- Remove pan from oven, and let cool slightly. Dust with confectioners sugar. Let cool completely. Chill before cutting into squares.