Chilean Sea Bass with hazelnut Rolled Asparagus
Ingredients: serve 1
1 stem onion leek
250 grams Chilean sea bass (or lapu lapu(, sliced into 2 salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup fresh milk
¼ cup water
½ cup cream, divided into 2 portions
4 to 5 asparagus stalks ice water
1 egg white
½ cup ground hazelnuts
¼ cup cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 300oF. Slice carrot, onion and leek into cubes to make a mirepoix. Set aside
- Cut mangoes into large slices horizontally
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Place 1 to 2 mango slices on each piece of fish(reserve remaining mangoes for sauce). Roll fish and fasten with a toothpick.
- In a baking dish, pour in milk, water, ¼ cup of the cream and the mirepoix. Add fish. Cover baking dish with foil and bake until fish is fully cooked. Remove fish and reserve the liquid.
- Cut out hard end of asparagus. Blanch asparagus in boiling water then immediately plunge into a bowl of ice cold water. Drain asparagus and dip in egg white. Roll in hazelnuts.
- In a skillet, heat oil and fry the asparagus until nut coating is set.
In a blender, combine remaining mangoes, remaining ¼ cup cream and ½ cup of the reserved liquid. Blend until smooth.