Healthy Pinoy tips Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet
|Healthy tips Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet Recipe|
2 pcs. Tilapia Fillet
1 cup Breadcrumb
1 pc. Lightly beatened egg
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1 Medium Onion
2 tbs Ginger
1 large Bell pepper
1/2 cup Celery
1 medium Carrot
4 stems Spring onions
1/2 cup Vinegar
1 cup Water
1 tbs Flour or Cornstarch
1. Season tilapia fillets with salt. Dip each tilapia into beaten egg and then into bread crumbs.
2. Bake at 218°C for 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
3. In a pan, turn garlic and onion until soft. Add ginger and the vinegar. Bring to a boil then add the vegetables. Thicken with flour (or cornstarch).
4. Place fish fillet on serving dish and pour sweet and sour sauce over while still warm.
5. To make a sauce, mix the vinegar, water, sugar and remaining salt and set aside.
To thicken with cornstarch, dissolve 1 tsp cornstarch in 2 tbs water. Pour over boiling mixture and stir until thick.