1 whole chinese bone in ham, (for easy handling, remove bone that’s sticking out from the ham either with a regular saw or have a butcher saw it off with and electri slicer)
1 bottle beer(330ml)
1 ½ cups unsweetened pineapple juice
½ cup packed brown sugar, plus about 2 tablespoons for topping
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 piece clove
2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons water (slurry)
½ cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Blach the ham in hot water and scrub off impurities. Rinse ham very well. Place ham in a deep roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine beer, pineapple juice, sugar, cinnamon and clove. Pour over ham. Put ham in the oven, cover with foil and bake for 1 to 1 ½ hours, basting with drippings every 15 minutes.
- After 1 ½ hours, remove ham from oven. Score surface of ham. Add brown sugar on top and bake for another 15 minutes or until sugar caramelizes. Remove ham from pan and transfer to a serving platter. Reserve drippings
- Make a syrup by pouring drippings into a saucepan. Add constarch slurry. Heat over low fire, stirring constantly until thnck and syrupy.
- Galzq ham with orange marmalade. Serve with the syrup.