Ingredients: Serve 6
¼ kilo shirp about 5 to 6 cups of water
¼ kilo bacon, chopped
4 chorizo de bilbao, sliced diagonally
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons crushed garlic
1 medium sized onion, chooped
½ kilo chicken, cut to serving size
1 bell pepper, sliced lenghtwise
1small can diced pimientos
3 cups jasmine rice of calrose rice
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 pinch spanish paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cooked Baguio beans
Hard boiled eggs, sliced
- In a saucepan, simmer shrimp in the water until cooked. Set aside shrimp for garnish and shrimp broth for cooking.
- In a bigger and deeper pan, heat the bacon. Add chorizo and cook until the oil from both are expressed. Set aside a little bacon and chorizo for garnish.
- Add olive oil to the bacon and chorizo in the pan. Saute garlic and onion. Add chicken and brown them on a sides.
- Add bell peppers and pimientos. Stir in rice and tomatoes and pour in shrimp broth. Season with saffron, paprika, salt and pepper, simmer slowly until rice is fully cooked, adding more broth as needed.
- Garnish cooked rice with reserved bacon, chorizo, Baguio beans, shrimp, and boiled egg on top.