Ingredients: serve 10
20 whole medium prawns
½ cup chopped coriander
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
½ teaspoon cayenne powder
¼ cup sesame oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 carrot, peeled and cut into strips
1 radish, peeled and cut into strips
1 red beet, peeled and cut into strip
1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Peel and chop prawns. Place in a bowl and mix in coriander, onion, garlic, cayenne powder and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make 10 small aluminum foil rings( to shape the filling during frying). Place the foil in the frying pan with a little oil And fill the inside of the ring with the minced prawn mixture.
- Pan fry mixture over medium heat until prawns are cooked. Remove foil rings and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the strips of carrot, radish and red beet. Set vegetables aside.
- Make the coriander pesto
- In a saucepan, heat balsamic vinegar over low heat until reduced and thick in consistency.
- Place minced prawns in the center of a plate. Top with vegetables. Spoon coriander pesto on dish and drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar.
½ cup pine nuts
¼ cup garlic, peeled
1 cup fresh coriander
½ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, roast pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown.
- In a blender, place the roasted pine nuts, garlic, coriander and olive oil. Blend until consistency is paste like. Season with salt and pepper.