Ingredients: serve 6
1 bunch fresh mint leaves, finely chopped or ½ bottle liquid mint sauce
½ lemon Juice or calamansi
1 head native garlic, crushed
1 leg of lamb, about (3 kilos)
1 cup chicken stock
For the sidings
Boiled marble potatoes
Grilled red, green and yellow bell peppers
Mint jelly, optional
- In a bowl, combine chopped mint leaves or liquid mint sauce with lemon or calamansi juice and garlic. Add olive oil.
- Rub the lamb with the mixture and let stand for 2 hours or overnight for a more intense flavor.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350oF. Place lamb in Dutch oven or roasting pan. Pour the chicken stock. Roast for about 30 to 40 minutes. Turn lamb leg and baste with the drippings.
- Test for doneness. It should cook in another 30 minutes or less, if the diners prefer the middle part pinkish.Transfer for a serving /carving dish.
- Garnish with potatoes and a selection of grilled vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots and eggplants. If desired, serve with mint jelly.