1 cup raw brown rice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil divided
2 bell pepper cut into thin strips
1 large onion cut inot thin strips
4 ounces cabot seriouly sharp cheddar or cabot sharp light cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
¼ cup cabot 2% plain greek stlye yogurt
- Makes salsa and set aside. Cook rice according to package directions
- Meanwhile in medium bowl, combine chili powder, cumin grlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper. Add chicken and toss until evenly coated; set aside
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet over medium heat; add peppers and onions and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 7 minutes. Transfer vegetables to separate bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet; when oil is hot, add chicken and cook, stirring and turnig pieces occasionally, until cooked through to center, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fro each serving layer about ½ cup hot rice, ½ cup vegetables, 2/3 cup salsa and 2 to 3 ounces of chicken in bowl; top with some of cheese and dollop of yogurt.