2 cups chopped smoke tanguigue(Spanish mackerel)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper juice of ½ lemon
¼ cup chopped canned pimiento, drained
1 cup cream cheese
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
¼ cup hot water
1 cup all purpose cream well chilled
Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup chopped fresh wansuy(cilantro) leaves
- Softened butter, for brushing cucumber slices, for garnish
- In a blender, puree the tanguigue, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and the pimiento to a coarse mixture. Set aside in the refrigerator
- Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth and lump free. Gradually add the blended puree to the cream cheese mixture and chill in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin in the hot water and let stand until spongy, about 5 minutes. Microwave on low until dissolve about 25 seconds. Cool slightly.
- Whip the all purpose cream then gradually add the gelatin mixture, salt, pepper and wansuy leaves. Whip until well incorporated.
- Using a spatula or spoon, fold in by hand the purred fish, until the color is even. Pour into either a fish mold or a round mold brushed with a little softened butter. Chill until mixture is set, about 2 hours or overnight
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup cream cheese or saour cream
3 tablespoons wasabi powder or wasabi paste in tube or to taste salt and pepper, to taste
- Blend together mayonnaise cream cheese or sour cream, wasabi powder salt and pepper. Whip until well incorporated. Chill for about 3 hours.
- When mixture is stable, pipe wasabi mixture on top of mousse. Garnish mousse with cucumber slices. Serve with crackers or melba toast.