Rosemary Chicken with RatatouilleIngredients: serve 4
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest from 1 lemon salt and pepper
- 4 bone – in, skin – on split chicken breasts (about 3 pounds), cut in half crosswise
- 1 onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 zucchini (about ½ pound), cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 summer squash (about ½ pound), cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon herbes de provence
- Set the oven range to the middle position and hat oven to 450 degrees. Mix 1 tablespoon oil, 2 cloves of garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper together. Rub the chicken with the herb mixture. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet and roast chicken until the temperature registers 160 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer to plate and cover with foil.
- Meanwhile, additional heat 2 tablespoon oil in saucepan over medium - high heat until it shone. Add onion and ½ teaspoon salt and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the eggplant begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the zucchini, squash, tomatoes and herbs and cover province. Cook until vegetable are soft, 10 to 14 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook until slightly thickened and mixture is cohesive, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with roasted rosemary chicken.