1 lb string beans (sitaw), cut in 2 inch length
1/4 lb pork belly, thinly sliced (optional)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
4 to 6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup water
1. Heat a frying pan or wok then sear the pork.
2. When oil and juice comes out of the pork, add garlic and onions then cook for 2 minutes.
3. Pour-in the soy sauce, vinegar, and water then bring to a boil.
4. Shake-in the ground black pepper and stir.
5. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the pork is tender.
6. Add the string beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.